If you’ve been following for the blog, one of my favorite things to do is surprise my fiancé with a date night. So far I’ve done a blanket fort, a “trip to Paris” themed night, and now we had a fondue night! We started off with a cheese fondue and a few hours later (we were really full after the savory) we made a sweet chocolate fondue. Check out the cheese fondue recipe I used below with the chocolate fondue recipe in an upcoming post!
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup white wine (I used Pinot Grigio)
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup Swiss cheese; shredded
- 3 cups Fondue cheese; shredded (It is mainly Gruyere if you can’t find the pre shredded fondue cheese mix)
- ½ tsp ground mustard
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Items to dip: bread, granny smith apples, salami, pretzels, naan bread
In a saucepan over high heat, simmer the wine, lemon juice until flavors are blended and the garlic is fragrant.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the cheeses. Whisk until smooth.
Remove from heat and stir in the ground mustard and nutmeg.
Pour into your fondue pot, set to medium heat.